(30 November 1622 - circa 1697)
If you arrived here linked from another page or as the result of a web search, you might benefit from making a visit to our page, ABOUT USING THIS SITE
|Relationship||9th great-grandfather of The 3 Tracys|
Sources - Citations
- [S645] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633. Volumes I-III (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995), Detailed Entry for George Steele; mentioned in father's will.
- [S428] Donald Lines Jacobus, The American Genealogist (New Haven, Connecticut: n.pub., 2009), vol. 36, pg 188 gives name as Ann Bishop.
- [S150] Lorraine Cook, Compiler, The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1994-2002), Guilford Vital Records 1639-1850 pg. 24; vol. A, pg. 122.
- [S645] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration, Detailed Entry for George Steele.
- [S910] Loren P. Waldo, The Early History of Tolland : An Address, Delivered Before the Tolland County Historical Society, at Tolland, Conn., on the 22nd Day of August and 27th Day of September 1861 (Hartford, Connecticut: Press of Case, Lockwood & company, 1861), pg. 31; gives bride's name as Anna Bishop.
- [S910] Loren P. Waldo, Early History of Tolland, pg. 31; gives year.
- [S646] Clarence A. Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1985) Digitized by americanancestors.org - subscription database. After 1683.
- [S910] Loren P. Waldo, Early History of Tolland, pg. 31;.
- [S651] Charles William Manwaring, Compiler, A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records. Hartford District, 1635 to 1750, Three vols. (Hartford, Connecticut: The Author, 1906), vol. I, pg. 239; Steele, George, Hartford; Will & Probate details.
- [S428] Donald Lines Jacobus, The American Genealogist, vol. 81 (2006, January ) pg. 18-26; Jarvis Mudge and John Henryson Families of Connecticut.
- [S645] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration, vol. 3; ppg. 1754-56; George Steele.
- [S655] Daniel Steele Durrie, Steele Family. A Genealogy of John And George Steel. Settlers of Hartford, Conn. 1635-6. And Their Descendants. (Albany, New York: J. Munsell, 1862), pg. 10.
Facts cannot be copyrighted; please feel free to copy names, dates and places. But just those facts. The goal has been to record accurate data; still, accuracy is not guaranteed and you should verify all data before you use it.
Everything else within these pages is copyrighted. Your respect of my copyrights is greatly appreciated.