(circa 1612 - 18 April 1668)
If you arrived here linked from another page or as the result of a web search, you might benefit from making a visit to our page, ABOUT USING THIS SITE
|Relationship||9th great-grandfather of The 3 Tracys|
- Robert Parrish9 (c. 1637 - )
- Mary Parrish9 (3 Feb 1638 - )
- Thomas Parrish9 (21 Jan 1641 - )
- John Parrish+ (6 Mar 1642 - aft 16 Jul 1715); There is some question as to the parentage of John Parrish... most sources who give John a father and mother name Thomas Parrish and Mary (Danforth) Parrish as his parents.
The fact that there are no Thomases among John's six sons would seem to suggest that Thomas was not his father... and that John's daughter, Mary, appears to have been named after her own mother, Mary (Wattell) Parrish rather than a grandmother.
Without definitive contemporary confirmation, one can only propose this connection.9
Sources - Citations
- [S149] Mike Cattin - Compiler, online at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=mdcattin&id=I2231 (RootsWeb's World Connect Project GEDCOMs), downloaded 23 Jan 2006.
- [S192] P. William Filby, Editor, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s (Farmington Hills, Michigan: Gale Research, 2012). Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc, 2010., Place: Boston, Massachusetts; Year: 1635; Page Number: .
- [S33] Yates Publishing, Compiler, U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 (Provo, Utah: Ancestry.com Operations Inc. - Online Publication, 2004). A collection of records extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases - all data should be verified for accuracy by other sources., Source number: ; Source type: ; Number of Pages: ; Submitter Code: .
- [S137] Edmund West - compiler, Compiler, Family Data Collection - Deaths, online at: www.ancestry.com; (Online publication - Provo, Utah). These records consist of information of varying accuracy and need confirmation from original sources.
- [S289] London Metropolitan Archives, Compiler, Church of England Parish Registers, 1538-1812 (London, England: London Metropolitan Archives, unknown date) Digitized by ancestry.com - subscription database.
- [S110] Edmund West, Compiler, Family Data Collection - Births, online at: www.ancestry.com; (Family Data Collection - Individual Records). These records consist of information of varying accuracy and need confirmation from original sources.
- [S33] Yates Publishing, US Intnl Marriage Records.
- [S192] P. William Filby, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s.
- [S371] Leah Wilsey Millard Selected Families and Indivduals, online at: www.freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~millard/pafg116.htm#1988; accessed: unknown date accessed, accessed 10 2 2013.
- [S366] Roswell Parish Jr., "John Parish of Groton, Mass., and Some of His Descendants.", New England Historical and Genealogical Register vol. 63, pp. 364 - 367 (Oct 1909): pg. 365.
- [S192] P. William Filby, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s, Place: Boston, Massachusetts; Year: 1635;.
Facts cannot be copyrighted; please feel free to copy names, dates and places. But just those facts. The goal has been to record accurate data; still, accuracy is not guaranteed and you should verify all data before you use it.
Everything else within these pages is copyrighted. Your respect of my copyrights is greatly appreciated.