(6 March 1642 - after 16 July 1715)
If you arrived here linked from another page or as the result of a web search, you might benefit from making a visit to our page, ABOUT USING THIS SITE
|Relationship||8th great-grandfather of The 3 Tracys|
|Father||Thomas Parrish (c. 1612 - 18 Apr 1668); There is some question as to the parentage of John Parrish... most sources who give John a father and mother name Thomas Parrish and Mary (Danforth) Parrish as his parents.|
The fact that there are no Thomases among John's six sons would seem to suggest that Thomas was not his father... and that John's daughter, Mary, appears to have been named after her own mother, Mary (Wattell) Parrish rather than a grandmother.
Without definitive contemporary confirmation, one can only propose this connection.3
|Mother||Mary Danforth (3 May 1621 - 8 Aug 1674)|
- Lidia (Lydia) Parrish+5,3,4 (20 Apr 1687 - )
- Elizabeth Parrish+5,4,3 (19 Mar 1691 - 28 Nov 1755)
- Sarah Parrish+5 (16 Jan 1692 - 10 Jan 1729)
- William Parrish4 (11 Feb 1694 - )
- Isaac Parrish5,4,3 (17 Mar 1697 - 9 Jan 1765)
- Rachel Parrish5,4,3 (14 Feb 1699 - 6 Aug 1755)
- Ephraim Parrish5,4,3 (6 May 1702 - 1715)
- Mary Parrish4 (8 Oct 1704 - 8 Jan 1771)
- Abigail Parrish5,4,3 (24 Mar 1708 - 12 Jul 1778)
- Dorothy Parrish5,4,3 (7 Jun 1710 - 12 Jul 1778)
Sources - Citations
- [S287] Melinde Lutz Sanborn - compiler, Index to the Deponent Records of the County of Middlesex, Massachusetts (Columbia Point, Massachusetts: Massachusetts Archives, 1930). available online at ancestry.com - subscription database.
- [S149] Mike Cattin - Compiler, online at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=mdcattin&id=I2231 (RootsWeb's World Connect Project GEDCOMs), downloaded 23 Jan 2006.
- [S371] Leah Wilsey Millard Selected Families and Indivduals, online at: www.freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~millard/pafg116.htm#1988; accessed: unknown date accessed, accessed 10 2 2013.
- [S366] Roswell Parish Jr., "John Parish of Groton, Mass., and Some of His Descendants.", New England Historical and Genealogical Register vol. 63, pp. 364 - 367 (Oct 1909): pg. 365.
- [S367] John Parrish will (16 Jul 1715), Parish, John Will 151, New London Probate Records, Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S372] Waldo C. Sprague - transcriber, “Braintree, MA: Vital Records, 1643 - 1783,” Town Vital Records, New England Historic Genealogical Society, americanancestors.org: ( www.americanancestors.org ); Accessed: 10 Feb 2013.
- [S366] Roswell Parish Jr., "Descendants of John Parish", pg. 364.
- [S153] Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1904), Chelmsford Marriages pp. 282, 243;.
- [S1012] Gurdon Wallace Wattles, AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF GORDON WALLACE WATTLES (New York: author, 1922), names, events, dates, relationships, locations; pg. 195.
- [S342] Mike Cattin - Compiler, Compiler, The Cattin Family - Descendant Register - From Lt. Thomas Tracy (b.1610), online at: GEDCOM at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=mdcattin&id=I2231; (RootsWeb's World Connect Project), accessed 23 Jan 2006.
- [S368] John G. Metcalf - compiler, Annals of the Town of Mendon, from 1659 to 1880 (Providence, Rhode Island: E.L. Freeman & Co., Printers to the State, 1880), pg. 56.
- [S368] John G. Metcalf - compiler, Annals of Mendon, pg. 56 (1673).
Facts cannot be copyrighted; please feel free to copy names, dates and places. But just those facts. The goal has been to record accurate data; still, accuracy is not guaranteed and you should verify all data before you use it.
Everything else within these pages is copyrighted. Your respect of my copyrights is greatly appreciated.