(26 October 1838 - 23 February 1904)
If you arrived here linked from another page or as the result of a web search, you might benefit from making a visit to our page, ABOUT USING THIS SITE
1838 - 1904
|Relationship||2nd great-grandfather of The 3 Tracys|
Sources - Citations
- [S250] Peter Carl Ohlheiser, Heidelberg Travelog - 1987, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office. Summary of visit to Heidelberg and Spechbach Germany highlighting visit to St. Martin's Roman Catholic Church and with Margot Ohlheiser at the Ohlheiser Family Home (built between 1648 and 1700) in Spechbach; supplemented by photographs of relevant locations. October 14, 1987.
- [S519] Journal of Joseph Ohlheiser (Juniata, Nebraska), information extracted by Harold Russell Ohlheiser, on 23 July 1970. Notes, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy (Tracy Home Office). From the hand-written notes of Harold Ohlheiser: "Information was taken from a small (3"x5") brown leather covered book called a 'Ledger' which was with the papers of RJO Sr. (Robert J. Ohlheiser, Sr.). In front cover of the ledger is written: 'Joseph Heiser, South Wales, Erie Co., N.Y.' and undoubtedly belonged to J.O. Jr. (Joseph Ohlheiser Jr.)", makes note of calling card found in wallet belonging to Joseph Ohlheiser.
- [S503] Joseph Ohlheiser, Photocopy of Church Register No. 42 Spechbach, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office; Birth/Baptismal record show surname Ohlhaüser.
- [S507] Johannes Josephus Ohlheiser, Photocopy of Church Register 1798 Spechbach, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office; father's baptismal name shown in Latin as Joannes Josephus.
- [S872] Charles F. Kerchner Jr., “18th Century PA German Naming Customs,” Web Page, 18th Century PA German Naming Customs: ( http://www.kerchner.com/germname.htm ); Accessed: 29 Aug 2016.
- [S503] Joseph Ohlheiser, Certificate of Baptism; unknown location: Photocopy of Spechbach St. Martin Roman Catholic Church original record made by Peter Ohlheiser 14 Oct. 1987.
Translation from the original church record entry:
Joseph Ohlhauser was born in Spechbach at 8:00 am on October 26, 1838 and baptized on October 28, 1838: the legitimate son of Joseph Ohlhauser and Maria Eva Heckler of Spechbach. His Godfather was Johann Georg Merz and witnesses were Johan Ohlheiser and Simon Stroh.
- [S616] "Obituary", The Juniata Herald, Juniata, Adams Co., Nebraska, 2 March 1904.
- [S210] Find A Grave, online at findagrave.com; Photographs and data are submitted by volunteer members - Text only data should be confirmed by additional sources.
- [S694] Certificate of Marriage Between Mr Joseph O Heiser Junr of Colden N.Y. and Miss Hattie S. Darling of Aurora N.Y.: Names groom as Joseph O Heiser Junr and bride as Hattie S Darling, Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S540] Erie County Marriages - Journal Listing, vol. V, No. 3 - December 1978 vols. (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date), pg. 123.
- [S686] Hattie S. Darling Tombstone Photograph, #686-HSD1-TSPhoto, Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office; photographer Sean C. Tracy, Gives Name, Date & Husband's Name.
- [S687] Hattie S. Darling Memorial Card; Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office, Gives Name, Date & Husband's Name; Location of Burial.
- [S633] Certificate of Marriage, Joseph Ohlheiser and Mary E. Van Vliet, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S632] Mary E. OIhlheiser, Declaration for Widow's Pension, Photocopy, Certificate No. 597641, Gives date of her marriage (2 April 1904); Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S1049] Minor Heirs of the Estate of Hattie S. Heiser, Guardianship File (17 Aug 1888 - 17 August 1900); Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S871] Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York 1820-1897, Ship Queen Victoria; Microcopy Series M237; Roll 63; Frame 118; (Washington D.C.: National Archives) Digitized by ancestry.com - subscription database, pg. 003, Nos. 123-130.
- [S519] Journal of Recollections, Joseph Ohlheiser, 23 July 1970.
- [S518] Unknown, Map of SheldonTownship, Wyoming Co., New York (n.p.: n.pub., 1850 - 1856), Photocopy of the map was made by Carlton Ohlheiser during visit to Library of Congress in 1987, locates J. Oldhiser property in Sheldon on map dated 1850 - 1856.
- [S657] Jane Williams, Compiler, Lee/Ayers/Williams/Ryan Family Tree, online at: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=janew&id=I1320; (RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project), accessed 8 Sep 2009, gives July date and name of vessel.
- [S501] 1884. A. P. Lamey's Annual Auburn City and Cayuga County Directory of Towns (Auburn, N.Y.: Alonzo P. Lamey, 1884).
- [S221] Letter from Joseph Ohlheiser (Auburn, New York) to William Darling, 24 April1881; Paper Files of Sean C Tracy (Tracy Home Office). Letter to his in-Laws, William and Abigail (Treat) Darling:
"Dear Mother and Father..."
- [S619] Joseph Ohlheiser Jr., Town Clerks - Register of Military Service, unknown file number, Dates of Enlistment, Mustering Out, Taken Prisoner; Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S219] Various authors, Town Clerks' Registers of Men Who Served in the Civil War, ca 1865–1867, (Albany, New York: New York State Archives).
- [S512] Letter from Eleanor (Van Vliet) Ohlheiser (Hastings, Nebraska) to George Ohlheiser, 27 January 1918; Paper Files of Sean C Tracy (Tracy Home Office). Letter to her deceased husband's grandson by son Will's first wife, Mary Ellen (Kieffe) Ohlheiser. Describes her husband's (Joseph, jr.) military career (as well as that of Wm Stafford and Oren Treat).
- [S622] Joseph Ohlheiser,"Declaration for Original Pension of an Invalid"; Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy; Tracy Home Office, Basic Service Details and Index Card.
- [S573] "Nebraska and Iowa Pensions", Omaha Daily Bee (4 July 1891): 3 July 1891, Omaha Daily Bee listing of Nebraska Pensioners.
- [S618] Warranty Deed From Joseph Ohlheiser and Mary Eva his wife to Joseph Ohlheiser Jr., Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S617] Warranty Deed From George Ohlheiser & Wife to Joseph Ohlheiser Jr., Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S223] Microfilmed by the Library of Congress, U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918, (Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, unknown publish date), Various publishers of County Land Ownership Atlases.
- [S191] Unknown household, Owner; 1850-1880 U.S. Federal Census Non-Population Schedule - Productions of Agriculture, non-population Schedule 4. Productions of Agriculture, unknown location, unknown county, unknown state, Washington: National Archives. , 1860 Erie Co., New York; Agricultural Census for Colden.
- [S693] Warranty Deed - Darling to Ohlheiser, Photo copied extract, 2 Jan 1871, TMG #693, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office; Extract by Evelyn Ohlheiser Kohl, 9 Apr 1981; Original among Papers of Robert J. Ohlheiser, jr.
- [S521] Joseph Old Hegser household, 1850 U.S. Census, Wyoming Co., New York, population schedule, Sheldon, Sheet 23 (printed) 45 (by hand), dwelling 369, family 369. Washington: National Archives. Includes two grandchildren, sons daughter.
- [S522] Joseph Old Hegser, Owner of Farm, 1860 U.S. Census, Non-Population Schedule 4 Schedule 4. - Productions of Agriculture, Sheldon, Wyoming Co., New York. Sheet 471, Washington: National Archives.
- [S510] Joseph Ohlhiser household, 1860 U.S. Census, Erie Co., New York, population schedule, Colden, Sheet no. 130 - written in space provided; 348 stamped in opposite corner, dwelling 1068, family 1054; Washington: National Archives.
- [S615] William Darling household, 1870 U.S. Census, Erie Co., New York, population schedule, Soth Wales P.O., Town of Aurora, Sheet no. 7 (written) 401 (stamped), lines 10-16, dwelling 62, family 56; Washington: National Archives.
- [S562] Joseph Heiser household, 1880 U.S. Census, Erie Co., New York, population schedule, Aurora, Sheet No. 51, dwelling 582, family 606; Washington: National Archives.
- [S638] William Darling household, 1880 U.S. Census, Erie Co., New York, population schedule, Aurora, Sheet No. 51, dwelling 581, family 605; Washington: National Archives.
- [S221] Letter, Joseph Ohlheiser to William Darling, 24 April1881, Letter from Joseph to his in-laws, dated.
- [S500] Lamey's Auburn Directory 1883 containing the Names of Its Citizens, A Compendium of Its Government, and of its Public And Private Institutions (Auburn, N.Y.: Alonzo P. Lamey, 1883).
- [S501] Auburn Directory 1884, pg. 231.
- [S636] Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Adams, Clay, Hall and Hamilton Counties, Nebraska (Chicago: The Goodspeed Publishing Co., 1890).
- [S222] Patricia Sewell - compiler, Roster of Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines of the War of 1812, the Mexican War, and the War of the Rebellion, residing in Nebraska June 1, 1891 (Lincoln, Nebraska: John C., unknown publish date).
- [S1076] Joseph Ohlheiser household, 1900 U.S. Census, Adams Co., Nebraska, population schedule, Verona Township, Enumeration District 14, Sheet no. 11, dwelling 220, family 220; Washington: National Archives. Digital Copy on File Locally #329 OHL WJO2 1900 CEN.
- [S503] Joseph Ohlheiser, Certificate of Baptism; unknown location.
- [S540] Erie County Marriages.
- [S616] "Obituary,"The Juniata Herald, 2 March 1904, Transcription from article in papers of R.J. Ohlheiser.
- [S508] Joseph Ohlheiser will (30 December 1862), Joseph Ohlheiser Will, vol. 7; ppg. 247-252, Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Tracy Home Office.
- [S1048] Estate of Eleanor M. Van Vliet Ohlheiser, Group of Letters pertaining to potential heirs, 1924. Digital Files of Sean C. Tracy, Tracy Home Office. Letters and notes to George Edward Ohlheiser from: Charles B. Bigelow, Mary E. (Kieffe) Ohlheiser, William Joseph Ohlheiser, A.P. Slack; transcribed, annotated, and photocopied by Evelyn (Ohlheiser) Kohl, daughter of George E. Ohlheiser, 1970. PDF ppg 2-10 (including on pg.8 a letter from A.P.Slack to WJO2).
- [S632] Paper Files of Sean C Tracy, Declaration for Widow's Pension, Certificate No. 597641 (2 April 1904), Tracy Home Office.
Facts cannot be copyrighted; please feel free to copy names, dates and places. But just those facts. The goal has been to record accurate data; still, accuracy is not guaranteed and you should verify all data before you use it.
Everything else within these pages is copyrighted. Your respect of my copyrights is greatly appreciated.